Commonwealth War Graves Commission in breve
- Enti - Organizzazioni - Famiglie - Cooperative e consorzi
- Tutte le Offerte di quest'Azienda
- Leggi Profilo Aziendale
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) commemorates the 1.7 million Commonwealth servicemen and women who died in the two world wars. We operate in more than 23,000 locations in more than 150 countries
Riepilogo Offerta (codice 512021749)
- Data: 03-7-20
- Località: RAVENNA
- Area Funzionale: Tecnici / Ingegneri / Project management
- Retribuzione: 35000
- Altre Info:
- Tipologia: Offerta di lavoro
- N.Posti: 1
- Contratto: Assunzione a tempo indeterminato
- Orario: Full Time
- Settore: Enti - Organizzazioni - Famiglie - Cooperative e consorzi
engineer/architect as works supervisor: dettaglio
Location: Contract Type: Hours of Work: Salary:
Works Supervisor, Italy – North Area
Flexible between the following areas: Faenza (Ravenna), Assisi, Rome
Full-time (35 hours per week Monday to Friday)
Circa €33.353,28 gross per annum, dependent upon skills and experience, plus a 13th and 14th monthly salary
Frequent travel within Italy and ad-hoc travel within the Mediterranean Area Lunch Vouchers, Supplementary Pension Fund, Supplementary Healthcare Fund
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) is an international non-profit organisation seeking to recruit a Works Supervisor to cover the North Area of Italy. The post is responsible for the supervisory, execution and co- ordination of structural work within the geographical region allocated. Primary task is ensuring that cemeteries and memorials are properly maintained to the standards as specified by the Commission as efficiently and economically as possible and supports the Regional Manager, Southern Europe in all aspects when required.
About the Role:
▪ Preparation, coordination and completion of all maintenance and project work within the CWGC as directed. To ensure we comply with all aspects of building and conservation law including the sourcing of all necessary authorisations and permits. To help develop our long-term maintenance and conservation strategy.
▪ To provide high-level technical and professional surveying advice for MA, to ensure the continuous development of the Area’s long-term maintenance and conservation strategy. To inspect, survey and assess the condition of our complete estate in order to guide and influence the operational output of the MA Operations Department is delivered to the Commission’s standards and in a cost-effective manner.
▪ Manage the implementation of corporate Health and Safety Policies including the adoption of safe working practices, taking appropriate action to enable supervision and monitoring to manage the areas risks effectively.
▪ Responsible for the operational requirement of our fleet in Italy
▪ Responsible for managing the production, authorisation and monitoring of the monthly accounts in accordance with corporate accounting practices, within agreed delegated regional budget and financial delegated authority per transaction.
▪ Where responsible, supervision of Works staff and contractors to ensure they deliver work as directed. Ensures that the work is carried out safely, to Commission’s standard, to cost and within agreed timescale.
▪ Developing of Conservation Management Plans and/or Management plans for all budget funded projects.
▪ Monitor standards, conduct and provide coaching and assistance when required to motivate staff to give
their best. Promotes talent and staff development whilst dealing effectively with poor performance.
▪ Inspect cemeteries, memorials and associated buildings. Prepare Condition survey reports and ensure that the Works standards of the Commission are met
▪ Prepare contract documentation and issue tenders for manager acceptance. Monitor the work of contractors and report progress to the manager. Work with external engineers, architects and surveyors for the design and construction of major or specialist projects
▪ Contribute to our Operations department in terms of policy, strategy and recommend action plans to carry out project’s works, providing professional advice to the management on issues connected with the Works programme and operations.
▪ Recommend action plans and submitting estimates to the Regional Manager, working directly with suppliers
▪ Liaise with Local Authorities to obtain permissions to carry out cycle maintenance in their cemeteries. outside the boundaries of Commission sites, for Highways control and the like, including new building projects
▪ Deal with Horticultural staff, collecting information and providing assistance for small routine maintenance or works carried out by external contractors
▪ Represent the CWGC with local authorities when delegated by the Regional Manager
▪ Compilation and maintenance of management information
- ▪ Bachelor’s in Building or Master’s degree in Architecture, Conservation Management or Construction Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience and ability to demonstrate thorough experience/background in operational planning, technical projects and architecture/engineering.
- ▪ Technical knowledge and experience from the construction sector. Knowledge/ experience in conservation is an advantage.
- ▪ At least five years’ work experience in team management in a works environment
- ▪ Knowledge of Italian legislation around building planning permission
- ▪ Knowledge of surveying best practices
- ▪ Knowledge of natural stone is an asset
- ▪ Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- ▪ Good command of written and spoken English language, in addition to high level of literacy in Italian
- ▪ Knowledge of Health and Safety best practices
- ▪ Project Management skills and ability to accurately interpret construction drawings
- ▪ IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD
- ▪ Staff Management skills including reliability and confidentiality
- ▪ Ability to prepare technical reports and inspection reports of structures and properties, as well as preparation of detailed specifications for small projects
▪ Driving license
How to Apply:
Send your C.V and covering letter in English.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in accordance with our job privacy notice, available upon request. The CWGC is an equal opportunities employer.
Appointment will be subject to two satisfactory employment references, medical health check.
Il presente annuncio è rivolto ad entrambi i sessi, ai sensi delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91, e a persone di tutte le età e tutte le nazionalità, ai sensi dei decreti legislativi 215/03 e 216/03.
L'annuncio per Engineer/Architect as Works Supervisor Commonwealth War Graves Commission NON E' PIU' ATTIVO
QUINDI, NON PUOI RISPONDERE A QUESTO ANNUNCIO